Monday, February 18, 2008

So, I tried to burn down work last night. Literally....No I am not kidding.

Really, all I was trying to do was reheat a fattening scone at 2 in the morning, but God had other plans about that. So, what He did was set the scone on fire in the microwave. Actual flames. In the microwave. At my job.

So, on a very cold night, we had to open all the windows in the kitchen to air it out, as the smoke was quite thick. And the smell, of course, was quite overwhelming. After the smoke cleared and we were able to open the microwave again, the poor little now-black scone sat on the poor little charred plate that used to be white and pretty. Somehow the inside of the mircowave is not burnt up with any black marks, but the smell is quite atrocious in there.Upon further inspection we found an epecially black spot on scone and decided there must have been a small piece of foil stuck to the bottom of the scone that must have caused the fire, but I'm still thinking it was God's way of making me eat healthy at wotk.

All the same, we opted not to tell the boss who started the fire in the (newly remodeled, by the way) kitchen, as my file is already quite thick and I'm afraid of getting deoprted. :)

1 comment:

Robin said...

Believe it or not, we have signs ALL over the nutrition room and employee lounge for just that reason! To the point that the fire department has been called over someone doing toast or popcorn. What is it about hospital toasters and microwaves anyway? It's not like this is a common occurance at home much, so why an issue at the hospital?

What a great way to see some firemen, even if they are full of themselves and think nurses are lowly.

Whena re you coming home?