Monday, May 26, 2008

A Year??

Well, I cannot believe it has been a year since my crazy ass decided to up and move across the ocean, but here we are...a year older, and a year wiser....maybe...
'
Anyway, this has been a crazy year of many ups, many downs, and many in-betweens. Weddings, funerals, and a LOT of Irish beer. I have travelled to some amazing places, checked some things off the list and added about a million things to the list!

Moving here was more difficult than I thought it would be, but they say what doesn't kill you or send you to the mental home makes you stronger, so I'm like a body builder now. ;) No, just kidding, it hasn't been so bad, just an exercise in patience, which I needed to work on anyway. And I'm a little bit crazier too, I think.

But, would I do it over again? YES, YES, YES! Who gets to spend a year only worrying about which exotic European destination they will go to next and if there is enough time in their stay to get all the places in? Not a bad life, even if the Irish people drive me crazy most of the time.

So, the big question is...what now??? Well... I have decided to stay another year and finish out my contract with the hospital here. Ireland isn't so bad anymore, and I have a bunch more places to travel to before I move back to America! Plus, I haven't met Seamus yet!

So, not that you all were holding your breath to hear what I'm doing with my life next, but as I'm always excited to hear what my friends are doing next, I thought I'd keep you all in the loop! Also, all your invitations to Ireland have been extended for another year! But, beware of my last 2 guests, one had surgery, and one had to go the the medical clinic in London twice, so come here at your own risk!

I'm looking forward to the next year, many more places to see and people to meet, I can't wait! Next on the list...France and Switzerland! Cheese, anyone?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

interesting blog
hello from an italian male nurse